Saturday 5 May 2012

What Vegans Eat/Market Madness May 5th


Isn't she pretty? What we bought this week: Curly Kale, cauliflower, Swede (rutabaga--cuter word), beetroot, portabellos, one big bunch of wild garlic (heck yes!), and ruby chard.

Cost: £7.65

What I made this week:


Popeye's Spinach Ruby Chard Pie with Zukes and Purple Cabbage
(From The Great American Detox Diet.  The first couple of times I made this I liked it, but I think I need to adjust it.)

Maple Roasted Parsnips
(Own recipe.  Simple and yummy)

Wild Garlic Soup
(Own recipe. This was only the second time I've ever cooked with wild garlic and I was very pleased with the results.)



Portobello Mushroom Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing
(From Veganomicon.  Delicious!  Hearty too...chickpeas!)

Cauliflower Vegan Cheese
(Own recipe.  Used Redwood foods' Cheezly.  Yummy)

 Portuguese White Bean Soup
(From Moosewood Cooks at Home.  Okay, but not amazing.)

Homemade Pizza!
(Pizza-y)







No comments:

Post a Comment